Having trouble viewing Redz Journey? Here are a few tips and pointers...
- Yacht Bot is the tracking device we use to track Red. It sends us her location via the Vodafone data network. Depending on the signal strength at that location sometimes the connection drops out, and this is why you cannot see her (unless she is resting for the next part of the journey)
- To get the best out of Yacht Bot try using Chrome as your internet browser
- When you click on the Yacht Bot link on the home page, it will redirect you to todays journey. Depending on the time of day, this will either be live, as Red is paddling, or after she has finished paddling for the day
- If your view is LIVE, then the slider on the bottom of the screen is on the far right. What you are seeing is a real time (single speed) tracking of her progress as she battles the waves. You can drag the slider to the left to see where she has already been today.
- If your view is AFTER she has finished for the day, then the slider will start at the far left. Playback starts automatically and you can change the speed by clicking on the >> button, third from the bottom left (up to 100x speed)
- You can also zoom in and out to get a better idea of where Red is
If you are interested, there is a day by day breakdown of distances, locations, speeds etc, which you can view here. This is a work in progress and will be updated as we can, so sorry if we get a few days behind.
Link for todays journey http://www.yacht-bot.com/races/8737